Cause-related marketing helps companies align products or services to charity for mutual profit. Research from Inc. shows consumers are 79% more apt to switch brands or pick brands if a good cause is attached. And nine out of ten people in Utah have a direct relationship to Scouting.
Supporting the Boy Scouts makes good business sense. Merit Badge sponsorships harness the power of Scouting by helping your company visibly demonstrate corporate responsibility and good citizenship. An alliance to Scouting strengthens your brand.
The vast Utah National Parks Council network reaches more than 100,000 merit badge counselors, 84,000 youth, and 43,000 adult volunteer leaders across Central and Southern Utah.
Based on your level of sponsorship, you can select the benefits best suited to your needs and services:
- Inclusion in the Utah National Parks Council Annual Report (February).
- Logo and name recognition on the Council website.
- Ad in quarterly newsletter to over 70,000 unique email addresses.
- Business featured on Utah National Parks Council Blog The Boy Scout with emphasis on BSA partnership.
- E-blast featuring your product to our extensive email list.
- Co-branded promotional items distributed to Scouts at selected Scout camps.
- Advertising in annual camp promotion materials.
- Opportunity to host a Merit Badge clinic at your location.
Scouting prepares youth for success in life by offering over 135 Merit Badges. Merit Badges allow boys to explore a variety of subjects from Astronomy to Woodworking. By sponsoring the Merit Badge of your choice, you will help the young people of our community be prepared to make the ethical and moral choices in the Scout Oath and Law.
The Merit Badge Sponsorship Program helps provide structured, safe activities that allow youth to grow, explore vocations, build new skills, and develop lifelong hobbies. There is no better time than now to help guide youth in positive directions.
Sponsoring the Merit Badge of your choice, will help the young people of our Council be prepared to make the ethical and moral choices written in the Scout Oath and Law. Join these great companies: InsideSales.com, Goal Zero, Norbest, Mad Dog Cycles, The Ready Project, HybridLight, and Camp Floyd State Park. For information: 801-437-6222.
Author: Liz Merrell | Sr. Development Director, Utah National Parks Council