The Utah National Parks Council Training Team is proud to present the University of Scouting. This supplemental training for adult leaders will offer fun, learning, and fellowship for all who attend. It is the only time during the year where you can find, all in one place, the widest variety of supplemental training opportunities in all program areas. Whether you are new to the program or a veteran, the University will provide interesting courses in Cub Scouting, Boy Scouting, Varsity Scouting, Venturing and what we call General Scouting Studies. Participants will enhance their Scouting & leadership skills to create a better Scouting experience for their youth. The focus is on adult training.
Lots of great prizes and giveaways!!
Silent Auction to raise money for Youth and Adult Leadership Training Scholarships!
- NEW! The UoS 2015 Course Catalog (Ver:2 — Updated 12/13/2015)
- NEW! UoS 2015 Event Flyer (English)
- NEW for 2015! UoS 2015 Event Flyer en Español (Two Complete Tracks taught in Spanish)
- Map to the University of Scouting — UVU Orem LDS Institute
- Neckerchief Slide Exchange Information
- NEW! UoS Degree Program & Requirements
Great for unit leaders, district leaders, stake leaders, and parents!
- Adult Participant: $10; after February 7, 2015: $15; Day of the event: $20
- Faculty/Staff Participant $3
- Lunch is $6 — Catered by Chick-Fil-A
- Please support our UoS Fundraising Breakfast hosted by the UNPC Silver Beaver Association to help send our youth to advanced leadership training NAYLE at Philmont. — $3 with registration, $5 at the door.
- CPR/FirstAid Certification Class — $35 (4-hour class, 40 students maximum)
- Registration will be open until Wednesday, February 18, 2015 at 11:55pm.
- Walk-ins are allowed but the event patch and lunch will not be guaranteed. Walk-in registration will be $20 at the door.
- Register online here or fill out the application in the catalog and bring/mail it to the council office.
- TO AVOID WAITING IN LINE TO PICK UP YOUR SCHEDULE, BRING YOUR RECEIPT AND SCHEDULE WITH YOU TO CHECK IN.
- PRIORITY CHECK-IN THE DAY OF THE EVENT IS GIVEN TO THOSE WHO SUPPORT THE UoS BREAKFAST ! 🙂
- Breakfast: 6:30 am
- Registration Opens: 7:00 am
- Opening Ceremony & Keynote Speaker: 8:00am
- Classes: 9am – 4pm (7 total class periods)
- Lunch: 11am or 12pm
- Midway: 10am – 2pm
- Silent Auction 8am-12:45pm
- Grand Prize Giveaways: 4:05pm
- Event End / Cleanup: 4:30pm
Choose from more than 130 awesome courses, like:
- Energizing the 11 Year Old Program
- Venturing’s New Vision for 2015 and beyond
- Classes for the New Cub Scout Adventure Program and more
- Varsity All-Stars & Annual Planning
- GPS / Geocaching Fun
- Trails to Testimony with Brad Harris
- Developing Effective Youth Leaders
- Mastering Shadow Leadership
- Building Strong Districts
- Tasty Dutch Oven Cooking
- Soaring from Life to Eagle
- Leave No Trace & Outdoor Ethics
- How to be an Effective COR
- DEN CHIEF Training
- Presentation on the 2017 National Jamboree: The Ultimate Scout Outing
- And much, much more!