The Boy Scout slogan, “Do a Good Turn Daily” can be as simple as a random act of kindness.
President Spencer W. Kimball said:
“I have learned that it is by serving that we learn how to serve. When we are engaged in the service of our fellowmen, not only do our deeds assist them, but we put our own problems in a fresher perspective. When we concern ourselves more with others, there is less time to be concerned with ourselves. In the midst of the miracle of serving, there is the promise of Jesus, that by losing ourselves, we find ourselves. (See Matt. 10:39.)” 
This Christmas, as you make your Christmas list and glance through the ads, do not forget to look for opportunities to serve others around you. As you do acts of kindness for others, Christmas will not be about “me.”
One of the funniest parts in the Disney movie, “Finding Nemo” are the seagulls screaming, “Mine, Mine, Mine.” To often in life we are like the seagulls.
This is a simple recipe that you can use to do a Good Turn any day.
Oreo Balls Ingredients:
- 1 package Oreo Cookies
- 1 block cream cheese, softened
- 1 pack Cooking Chocolate (Hershey’s Semi sweet chocolate chips the best)
1. Place Oreo Cookies in a bag/blender and smash/blend until it is the consistency of dirt.
2. Mix the softened cream cheese into the smashed oreos.
3. Roll the mixture into balls.
4. Melt chocolate in the microwave.
5. Cover balls in chocolate then leave to set in the fridge.
We hope you enjoy this Christmas season and that you remember each day to Do A Good Turn.
Author: Heidi Sanders | Marketing & PR Director, Utah National Parks Council
1. See Melanie Roland Poynter, “Oreo Balls.” Facebook.
2. See Spencer W. Kimball, “Small Acts of Service.” (1974, December). LDS.org