Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 4 – Cube Steaks
- 1 – Family size (28 oz.) can of cream of mushroom soup. Can use 2 regular cans
- 4 – Potatoes
- 1 – Onion
- 2 – Cloves of garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Peal the potatoes and cut them into 1″ cubes.
- Coarsely chop the onion
- Pour soup into mixing bowl and fill the emptied can halfway with water. Add the water to the soup and mix.
- Mince the garlic, 2 cloves should make 1 teaspoon of minced garlic. Stir the garlic into the soup mix.
- Place steak on a square of tinfoil and season with salt and pepper. Add several tablespoons of soup mix until covered.
- Add one of the cubed potatoes.
- Add chopped onions over the potatoes.
- Cover with soup mix and salt and pepper again as needed.
Cooking Outdoors: Place aluminum foil packet on bed of prepare coals turn several times. Should be ready in 30 minutes.
Cooking At Home: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place packets on a cookie sheet. Bake 30 minutes.
- When adding the soup mix just make sure you use no more than a quarter of the mix so that you have enough for each steak. Usually we have enough to do 5 or 6 steaks.
- Substitute 1 regular can of cream of mushroom soup and 1 can of cream of celery for a unique twist.
Recipe taken from Tin Foil Gourmet: Love that outdoor cookin… by Camp Cook