Another great partnership, with the Smart Savers Card, provides a big opportunity for Scouts to earn money for summer camps and other activities throughout the year via Scout Show ticket sales, an LDS-approved unit fundraiser*. This article contains important information about this sales program.
The Scout Show ticket will be included as part of the Card, which contains up to $1000 in absolutely free items (not BOGO) and other incentives to restaurants, activities, entertainment and more in Utah County. One Card provides admission to the Scout Show for an individual or family. The Scout Show will include the following activities: shooting sports, zip-line, climbing, archery, canoeing, row boats, nature center, handicraft, swimming, ropes course and more (note: certain activities are age-specific and may have a cost).
This quality partnership will bolster the needed funds for your packs, troops, teams and crews. Funds raised will go to support your Scouting programs and activities throughout the year! This is a great opportunity for participating Scouts to gain confidence in talking with others while supporting the needs of their units.
Some highlights of the Coupon Card/Scout Show Ticket programs:
- This is the same coupon card sold for February’s Scout Expo
- Cards sells for $20. Boy Scouts keep 70%! The unit keeps $10 from every Card sold! The $10 commission will be placed in the unit’s account.
- 10 boys selling 20 Cards each will earn $2000 for their unit!
- For every five Cards sold, the unit will receive one Card free! Youth/unit keep all proceeds from the sale of this free Card!
- Free admission with any Smart Savers coupon card for an individual or family to the Scout Show on June 18
- Earn funds for summer camp, NYLT-Timberline, training, Scout books, camporees, awards, district events
- Card sale dates: March 15, 2016 – May 15, 2016
Thank you, in advance, for your support and participation!
*This is an LDS-approved unit fundraiser. The LDS Scouting Handbook (8.15) states: Scouting units may participate in Scouting shows, camporees and other BSA activities that involve the sale of tickets by boys or young men, as long as all other budget allowance guidelines are met.
Author: David A. Johnson | Camping Director, Utah National Parks Council and Camp Director, Maple Dell Scout Camp.
If you have any questions, give him a call at 801-717-5624 or e-mail him by clicking on his name above