Check out this recipe for tin foil chicken fajitas:
Prep Time: 30 minutes, plus marinade should sit 1 hour
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 6 – skinless chicken breasts
- 3 – sweet onions
- 3 – green peppers
- 2 – limes
- 1 – bunch cliantro
- 2 – jalapenos
- 2 – cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 16 oz. Sour cream
- 1 dozen flour tortillas
- In a Blender combine the water, juice from 2 limes, the bunch of cilantro stems and all, a 2 jalapeno peppers chopped and seeded. Blend until pureed.
- Pour the contents into a 1 gallon freezer bag.
- Add the chicken breasts and zip shut. Place in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Slice the green peppers in two and remove the seeds. Rinse then slice into strips lengthwise.
- Slice the onion into 1/2 inch rings and cut the rings in half.
- Remove chicken breast from marinade but do not rinse, just place as is onto tinfoil square.
- Add green pepper and onion strips on top of chicken.
- Fold the foil packet.
Outdoors: Place aluminum foil packet on bed of prepare coals turn several times. Should be ready in 30 minutes.
At Home: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place packets on a cookie sheet. Bake 30 minutes.
- When ready to eat, open foil packet and slice the chicken breast.
- Place chicken, green peppers and onions into a flour tortilla
- Add cheese and sour cream to taste.
- Should make to or three fajitas per packet.
- Leaving jalapeno seeds will add a kick.
- Guacamole can be added as well.
- A great addition is to put several whole jalapenos in a tinfoil packet and allow them to roast on the fire for 15 minutes.
- Spanish rice is a great side dish.
Recipe taken from Tin Foil Gourmet: Love that outdoor cookin… by Camp Cook