Northern Tier is a National High Adventure Program of the Boy Scouts of America with locations in Ely, MN, Atikokan, ON, and Bissett, MB. We offer 6-14 day fully outfitted and guided wilderness canoe treks for Scouts, Venturers, and leaders. Northern Tier relies heavily on quality staff to provide a meaningful program on the trail and great support on base.
Paid internships are available and Northern Tier is willing and able to help you customize your experience to meet the needs of your program. Let us know how we can help.
Come deliver wilderness experiences that last a lifetime!
- Interpreter – Formerly referred to as a guide, this person works primarily with the participants on their 6-14 day trips. Interpreters provide crews with an orientation and outdoor skills training, and are a resource to the crew for safety purposes, environmental awareness and historical background.
- Trading Post – Retail sales for both trail and souvenir items.
- Food Service – Prepare meals for participants and staff both on base and on the trail.
- Maintenance – Assist in the maintenance of the base.
Additional details available at ntier.org/jobs.
What is provided?
- Community living – room and board
- Two weeks of intensive paid staff training
- Certification in Wilderness First Aid and CPR
- Gear use including pack, tent, PFD, etc.
- It is helpful to have paddling and outdoor experience, however the most important qualification is the ability to work well with people.
- Most positions begin in late May and end in mid-August.
- At least 18 years of age.
Past Staff Stories
“I truly feel like the summer of 2013 has been the best summer I have ever had. I will hold on to these memories till the end of my days” – Ethan Hardy
“This summer Up North has been the best yet! I can’t wait to share it with my brother and parents in a few days.” – Jacob White
Applications available at www.ntier.org
For more information call 218-365-4811 or email email@example.com