Scouting can absolutely teach our boys what they need to know to be great men! There is something about Scouting’s high adventure activities that challenge our boys to bring out the best in a themselves, showing them who they are and what they can do.
- Have you ever rappelled over the edge of a huge cliff while thinking to yourself, “I hope this gear holds me!”
- Have you ever gone toe to toe with your peers in a shotgun shooting contest to see what you were made of?
- Have you ever sat on a trading blanket and learned negotiation skills from a master mountain man?
- Have you ever stared up at the stars in wonder and thought, “I am sure there is more than me in this great universe!”
- Have you ever cooked your own dutch oven dinner and competed against other troops for the best of the best dinner?
- Have you ever tested your skills in the cross-cut saw?
Big Rendezvous Event
In just a few weeks, Varsity Scouts will converge on the Beaver High Adventure Base to enjoy a challenging (and exciting!) weekend at the WAHOO Mountain Man Rendezvous. Don’t miss this opportunity to bring your Varsity Scouts to the Beaver High Adventure Base without the time and financial commitment of spending an entire week.
“The greatest generation” did not become the greatest by having an easy childhood. They were constantly challenged to grow in strength and understanding as they faced the difficult things in their lives. Let’s take advantage of the opportunities Scouting provides in our day in order to challenge our boys to become the strong and capable men they were meant to be!
Register for WAHOO today: http://www.utahscouts.org/event/1530171