I remember one breakfast idea was to cook eggs and bacon in a paper lunch bag by placing the ingredients in the bag, folding the bag and poking a stick through the bag to hold it over the fire. Needless to say, the eggs or bacon did not cook or the bag caught on fire.
But Guru to the Outdoors has posted a way to accomplish this:
- One paper lunch bag
- Strips of thick bacon
- Refrigerated breakfast dough
- Line the bottom of paper bag with bacon
- Make sure to cover all of the paper and slightly up the sides too
- Crack egg(s) and drop on top of the bacon
- Top off with two fluffy type raw biscuits
- Fold the top of the bag over a couple of times
- Put the bag on the grate over the campfire
The eggs are done when the grease from the bacon is about half way up the side of the bag.
Recipe by Guru to the Outdoors