This free, drop-in any time you can, event will help Scouts learn more about how to build and race their cars, which includes a car weigh-in, real track and tool demos, custom band saw cutting, and more.
FREE Pinewood Derby Weight Check –Whether finished or unfinished, each Cub Scout can bring their car into the store to be weighed. You can also purchase an unfinished car to work on. There will be tools to use or tools to purchase.
The following are activities provided for this event:
- We will have a real track set up, ready and available during the event
- Provide free weigh-ins for customers
- Demonstrations on Pinewood Derby tools showing how to use them for best results
- Band saw available to cut custom cars
- Experts on hand for counsel and suggestions
Download a copy Derby Flyer (5) of this Pinewood Derby Champ Camp event flyer for pack meetings or other Scouting-related events. Be sure to print enough for all your Cub Scouts and send this to every Cub Scout you know! Let’s tell the whole Scouting community all about it and don’t forget to pass along the announcement through Social Media.
Also. we welcome your help as a volunteer during the event, just contact us at the Orem Scout Office!
Author: Katelyn Kenedy | Marketing Associate, Utah National Parks Council