According to Scouting.org,
The Boy Scouts of America has always been a uniformed body. Its uniforms help to create a sense of belonging. They symbolize character development, citizenship training, and personal fitness. Wearing a uniform gives youth and adult members a sense of identification and commitment.
- Personal equality – The uniform represents a democratic idea of equality, bringing people of different backgrounds together in the Scouting tradition.
- Identification – The uniform identifies youth and adult members of the Boy Scouts of America, visible as a force for good in the community. When properly and smartly worn, the uniform can build good unit spirit.
- Achievement – The uniform shows the wearer’s activity, responsibility, and achievement. The accomplishments of every youth and adult member can be recognized by the insignia worn on the uniform.
- Personal commitment – The uniform is a constant reminder to all members of their commitment to the ideals and purpose of the Scouting movement. It is a way of making visible members’ commitment to a belief in God, loyalty to country, and helping others at all times.
The leaders of Scouting—volunteer and professional—should promote the wearing of the correct, complete uniform on all suitable occasions.
- These shirts are official activity uniforms and are ‘Class B’ approved!
- Made of a high quality, wicking material that is not only comfortable, but perfect for the outdoors.
- Shirts are blank so you can add your own custom design! (Price does NOT include design work and screen printing. However, we suggest going to Big Fat Logos for your design printing or even have your groups create their own shirts with fabric paint.)
- Available in sizes Cub Scouts and up, (youth to adult).
- Colors available: red, blue, light grey, dark grey, and green, (see photo gallery below for colors).
- Please note: Colors may not be available in each size depending on your order.
- Perfect for Scouts, day camps, stakes, Wood Badge, Districts, and more!
- Only $5.00 per shirt!
- Quantity discount available for orders over 50, ($4.50 each).
- Now through the end of August or until supplies last.
- Contact Ali Mohammad or stop by The Outdoor Center located at 748 North 1340 East in Orem, (801-437-4467).
Author: Ali Mohammad | Director of Council Scout Shops, Utah National Parks Council