Bring your Scout unit for a night of camping and post-summer opportunities to earn merit badges and rank requirements in the beautiful, mountainous setting of Maple Dell Scout Camp. This event has three different tracks that a participant can chose from. Each participant may only choose one track.
- Trail to First Class: Work on requirements for Scout, Tenderfoot, Second Class, and First Class Ranks
- Merit Badges: Citizenship in the Nation AND Communications
- ADULT CLASS: Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Class ($25.00)*.
- *NOTE: Do NOT bring Firearms to camp.
Register here today!
- Citizen in the Nation Merit Badge Friday in the Clyde Lodge from 7:00pm-10:00pm.
- Prerequisites to be completed before the MBA: 2a/or 2b/or 2c; 3
- Communications Merit Badge Saturday in the Clyde Lodge from 8:00am-12:00pm.
- Prerequisites to be completed before the MBA: 3, 4, 8
- NEW: New Scouts Trail to First Class rank requirements Friday from 7:00pm-10:00pm and will resume Saturday from 8:00am-12:00pm.
- NEW: Adult Conceal Carry Permit Class
- Participants must be 18 years-old
- Must bring their State Driver’s license or State I.D. card or passport
- Must NOT bring any guns or ammunition.
- There is an additional $25.00 for the class. This is an exclusive discounted price for the event. Be prepared to pay the instructor cash directly.
- Class starts Saturday at 8:00am.
- Maple Dell Scout Camp (5 miles up Payson Canyon)
- Friday and Saturday, December 8-9, 2017
- Scout troops AND adults
- $25 per troop for the camping overnighter PLUS
- $10 for each youth working on the merit badge track or the Trail to First Class track.
- $25 for ADULTS who choose to take the Utah Concealed Firearm Permit class.
- Be prepared for December weather in the canyon. Dress warm.
- Bring food for your meals, a notebook, pencil/pen, and a watch.
- 5:00pm: Check in at the Clyde Lodge.
- 5:10pm-6:45pm: Set up campsite and eat dinner.
- Those taking the Merit Badges should come to the Clyde Lodge to start their merit badge class.
- Those taking the Trail to First Class should come to the Staff Lodge to start their rank advancement class.
- 10:30pm: Lights Out
- Those taking the Merit Badges should come to the Clyde Lodge to finish their merit badge classes.
- Those taking the Trail to First Class go to the Outdoor Skills field to continue working on rank advancement class.
- Those ADULTS who are taking the Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Class will go to the Staff Lodge.
- 12:30pm Check-Out
Author: David A. Johnson | Camping Director, Utah National Parks Council