- Harris, Bradley D. Trails to Testimony: Bringing Young Men to Christ Through Scouting. Bradley D. Harris, associate professor of recreational management and youth leadership at Brigham Young University, challenges parents and youth leaders alike to rediscover the spiritual dimensions of Scouting—to focus on the close relationship that should exist between Scouting and the Aaronic Priesthood.
- Packer, Thayne J. On My Honor: A Guide to Scouting in the Church. Salt Lake City: Bookcraft, Inc., 1998. This book provides a thorough and clear presentation of the Scouting program that will help leaders and parents better instill the ideals of Scouting into their young men. The purposes of Scouting are intertwined with the fundamentals of the Church.
- LDS-BSA Relationships office (Salt Lake City) Web site: www.ldsbsa.org. An excellent resource for information regarding the interaction between the Church and the BSA.
- “Aaronic Priesthood/Young Men Scouting” page of the official LDS Church Web site
- “Scouting in the Primary” Web page of the official LDS Church Web site:
Handbooks published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Salt Lake City, Utah are
available at LDS.org.
- Scouting Handbook (also referred to as the “LDS Scouting Handbook”), 2015. (#35814)
- “Aaronic Priesthood,” section 2 of the Church Handbook of Instructions, Book 2
- “Primary,” section 11 of the Church Handbook of Instructions, Book 2
Dave Pack wrote this article in 2011 as Director, LDS-BSA Relationships as part of the Appendix from Scouting and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 522-108, 2011
Author: David C. Pack | Scout Executive, Utah National Parks Council, BSA