If you would like to attend Little Philmont, the first session of 2018 is available for registration: March 23-24 at Marion D. Hanks Scout Camp at Quail Creek.
The conference will begin Friday evening at 6 pm and end Saturday afternoon. The conference will focus on the older boy program (ages 14-18) and how to use Church and Scouting resources to “be with the young men,” “connect them to heaven,” and “let them lead.” If a stake president attends, he may also bring his Young Men counselor, stake Young Men president, and the bishops in his stake. Sessions at the conference will be discussion oriented and participative. Speakers include area seventies and other Church leaders.
Little Philmont will be held from Friday evening to Saturday early afternoon with the following agenda:
- Friday evening
- 6:00 Dinner
- 6:30 Welcome, orientation
- 6:50 The BSA/UNPC and the Church: A partnership
- 7:10 Priesthood led Scouting: Youth-led – Adult guided – Group discussion
- 8:00 Relationships: The key to Faithful Youth – Group discussion
- 6:50 AM Breakfast – Discussion Topics
- 7:40 Welcome, orientation
- 7:55 – 11:30 Three separate sessions (All discussion oriented)
- Strengthening youth leaders through better calls, support and accountability
- Don’t reinvent the wheel: How to use Scouting materials with your older boy program
- Principles of annual planning: Set the table for powerful youth ministration
- 11:30 Lunch
- 12:15 – 1:55 Wrap-up Discussion – “Now Therefore, What”? – Ideas for better ministration
Stake Presidents can register for the following date by using the link found in the monthly LDS-BSA Relationships newsletter:
Dinner will be served Friday evening along with breakfast and lunch on Saturday. The $40 fee for the conference includes meals and materials. Sign up before 3/9/2018 and a discount of $5.00 will apply.
A Scout uniform is the recommended attire for this overnight course. To reserve your spot, register today; seating is limited.
For questions please contact Susan Naihe at email@example.com.
Author: Elder Dale Munk | Area Seventy for Utah South Area, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints | LDS-BSA Relationships Chair, Utah National Parks Council