The conferences will begin Friday evening at 6 pm and end Saturday afternoon. Each conference will focus on the older boy program (ages 14-18) and how to use Church and Scouting resources to “be with the young men,” “connect them to heaven,” and “let them lead.” If a stake president attends, he may also bring his Young Men counselor, stake Young Men president, and the bishops in his stake. Sessions at the conference will be discussion oriented and participative. Speakers include area seventies and other Church leaders. Brother M. Joseph Brough, second counselor in the Young Men general presidency, will attend the March session and speak on the Church’s current initiatives for young men..
Little Philmont will be held from Friday evening to Saturday early afternoon with the following agenda:
- Friday evening
- 6:00 Dinner
- 6:45 Welcome, orientation
- 7:00 Priesthood led Scouting: Youth-led – Adult guided – Group discussion
- 8:15 Be With Them, Connect Them With Heaven, Let Them Lead
- 6:50 AM Breakfast – Discussion Topics
- 7:30 Welcome, orientation
- 7:55 – 11:30 Three separate sessions (All discussion oriented)
- Strengthening youth leaders through better calls, support and accountability
- Don’t reinvent the wheel: How to use Scouting materials with your older boy program
- Principles of annual planning: Set the table for powerful youth ministration
- 11:45 Lunch
- 12:30 – 1:30 Wrap-up Discussion – “Now Therefore, What”? – Ideas for better ministration
Stake Presidents can register for one of the following dates by using the link found in the monthly LDS-BSA Relationships newsletter:
- Marion D. Hanks Scout Camp at Quail Creek – March 24/25, 2017
- Tifie Scout Camp – August 18/19, 2017
- Tifie Scout Camp – September 8/9, 2017
- Tifie Scout Camp – October 6/7, 2017
- Tifie Scout Camp – October 20/21, 2017
Dinner will be served Friday evening along with breakfast and lunch on Saturday. The $30 fee for the conference includes meals and materials.
A Scout uniform is the recommended attire for this overnight course.To reserve your spot, register today; seating is limited.
For questions please contact Susan Naihe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Author: Elder Dale Munk | Area Seventy for Utah South Area, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints | LDS-BSA Relationships Chair, Utah National Parks Council