The fact is, in our council, we enjoy unusual donor support and our partnership with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has never been stronger. Because our chartered partners are more than 99 percent LDS, we are quite a bit different. We have more youth and units than any other council in the BSA. While the National movement has seen declines, we’ve had decades of growth.
With this plan, we address growth. We continue on our Journey to Excellence with the National Council. And, we continue our six pillars of service to our chartered LDS partners. These include:
- gaining a testimony of Jesus Christ through doing your Duty to God and Country
- growing personally through service and the Daily Good Turn
- LDS mission preparation through Scouting activities
- learning to do hard things
- preparing youth to be husbands and fathers
- becoming physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.
This all under the theme of “Becoming Men Like These,” meaning church leaders and other nobel examples.
This 2020 Vision represents many hours of research and discussion by our key volunteers. It is overlaid with the research offered to the Council by RED Research and Design. We thank them all for their generous gift of time and other resources to make this “road map” for the year 2020 with vision and clarify on our path forward.