Elder Munk previously served as a bishop, bishop’s counselor, high councilor, stake president’s counselor and stake president.
He graduated from the University of Utah with his bachelor’s degree and MBA in finance. He married JoAnn Hammond and together they have five children.
Supplemental training for all:
In addition to the keynote speaker, this supplemental training for adult leaders will offer fun, learning, and fellowship for all who attend. It is the only time during the year where you can find, all in one place, the widest variety of supplemental training opportunities in all program areas.
Whether you are new to the program or a veteran, the University will provide interesting courses in Cub Scouting, Boy Scouting, Varsity Scouting, Venturing and what we call General Scouting Studies. Participants will enhance their Scouting & leadership skills to create a better Scouting experience for their youth. The focus is on adult training.
Download the course catalog for 2018 (updated 1/4/2018) here to get a sneak peek at what courses will be offered.
Last but not least, there will be tons of prizes and giveaways as well as a silent auction to raise money for Youth and Adult Leadership Training Scholarships.
Features for 2018:
- Cub College
- Boy Scout College
- Advancement College
- Training College
- Spanish College — two full day tacks taught in Spanish
- General Studies College
- Youth Leadership College
- The Leadership Summit — for LDS Stake and Ward Leaders
- 2-time World Dutch Oven Champion Matt Pelton
- Super Fun Midway
- Catered Lunch (optional)
- Awesome Keynote Speaker
- Note: There will not be a Varsity College and Venturing College this year
*Note: University of Scouting is an adult leader learning experience. Babysitting or childcare services are not available. Youth attending the Den Chief training are permitted to register for other classes.
New for 2018:
The Leadership Summit — for LDS Ward and Stake Leaders: 2 Full-day Tracks starting with the keynote for all Ward and Stake Leaders in our council and others who want to attend:
- “Mini Philmont for Stake and Ward Aaronic Priesthood Leaders”
- “Scouting Leadership Training for Stake and Ward Primary Presidencies”
- New and Improved Youth Leadership College! More games and fun as we learn and apply awesome leadership skills
- Great New Classes in every college
- Registration will open up later this month.
- Walk-ins are allowed but the event patch, breakfast, and purchasing a lunch will not be guaranteed.
- Register online below or fill out the application in the catalog and bring/mail it to the council office.
- TO AVOID WAITING IN LINE TO PICK UP YOUR SCHEDULE, BRING YOUR RECEIPT AND SCHEDULE WITH YOU TO CHECK IN.
- PRIORITY CHECK-IN THE DAY OF THE EVENT IS GIVEN TO THOSE WHO SUPPORT THE UoS BREAKFAST ! 🙂
- Den Chiefs cannot attend their training and the Youth College, as the schedules overlap.
- YOUTH COLLEGE PARTICIPANTS: Boys registering for this new program should be between the ages of 13-18 and have achieved at least the Star rank. See information in the UoS catalog for more details.
- Breakfast: 6:30 am
- Registration Opens: 7:00 am
- Opening Ceremony & Keynote Speaker: 8:00am
- Classes: 9am – 4pm (7 total class periods, with 2 Lunch Periods to choose from)
- Youth College Opening Ceremony: 9:00am
- Youth College Classes: 10am-4pm (lunch included)
- Lunch: 11am or 12pm – Purchasing a lunch does not automatically reserve a space for you in the Blue and Gold Lunch breakout or in the Institute Gym. You must sign up for that as a class if you would like to attend.
- Midway: 10am – 4pm
- Silent Auction 8am-12:45pm
- Grand Prize Giveaways: 4:05pm
- Event End / Cleanup: 4:30pm
Testimonials from last year’s event:
$15.00 per Participant (including Den Chiefs)
$15.00 per Youth College Participant