The Utah National Parks Council Training Team is pleased to present the University of Scouting and to announce Stephen W. Owen, LDS Young Men General President, as the big event’s Keynote Speaker.
Brother Owen’s previous Church service includes serving as a full-time missionary in the Texas San Antonio Mission, president of the California Arcadia Mission, stake president, counselor in a stake presidency, bishop, high councilor, Scoutmaster, ward Young Men president, and elders quorum president.
He received a Bachelor of Science degree in finance at the University of Utah and is a business owner in Provo, Utah. He is married to Jane Stringham and they are the parents of five children.
Choose from more than 130 awesome courses, like:
- Energizing the 11-Year-Old Program
- 2016 Boy Scout Requirement Changes
- Venturing for 2016 and beyond
- Classes for the Cub Scout Adventure Program and more
- Varsity All-Stars & Annual Planning
- GPS / Geocaching Fun
- Trails to Testimony with Brad Harris
- Developing Effective Youth Leaders
- Leave No Trace & Outdoor Ethics
- How to be an Effective COR
- Den Chief Training
- And much, much more!
Of course, in addition to the keynote, there is a full, new Course Catalog for 2016 (Updated 12/5/2015). Courses offer Scouters supplemental training along with fun and fellowship for all who attend.
This is the only time during the year you can find in a single location the widest variety of supplemental training opportunities for all of Scouting’s program areas: Cub Scouting, Boy Scouting, Varsity Scouting, and Venturing. In addition there is a wide variety of interesting “General Scouting” Studies.
Take some time to browse each college’s offerings, even if you think there may be nothing there for you. We’ve tried to make this catalog easy to read and understand and more handy when planning your time with us. Then register here.
As always, there will be lots of great prizes and giveaways.
- Registration will be open until Wednesday, February 17, 2016 at 11:55pm.
- Walk-ins are allowed but the event patch and lunch will not be guaranteed. Walk-in registration will be $20 at the door.
- Register online here or fill out the application in the catalog and bring/mail it to the council office.
- To avoid waiting in line to pick up your schedule, bring your receipt and schedule with you to check in.
- Priority check in the day of the event is given to those who support the UoS breakfast!
- Breakfast: 6:30 a.m.
- Registration Opens: 7:00 a.m.
- Opening Ceremony & Keynote Speaker: 8:00 a.m.
- Classes: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. (7 total class periods)
- Lunch: 11 a.m. or 12 p.m. – Purchasing a lunch does not automatically reserve a space for you in the Blue and Gold Lunch breakout or in the Institute Gym. You must sign up for that as a class if you would like to attend.
- Midway: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Silent Auction 8 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
- Grand Prize Giveaways: 4:05 p.m.
- Event End / Cleanup: 4:30 p.m.
Author: Kent Hansen | Co-Chair, University of Scouting 2016